Solid stainless steel marking knife
- 1/8" thick x 5/8" wide x 5-7/8" long, easily fits in an apron and feels great in the hand.
- Precision machined. Variable width chamfers on the top and bottom sides allow for picking the knife up easily when laying flat.
- Satin finished for looks as well as just the right amount of grip.
- 2 countersunk holes (top and bottom), one for hanging the knife up and the other acts as a gripping point for your finger and thumb. No handle scales to get in the way of marking out joinery in tight spaces or laying the knife flat in use.
- Spear point is perfect for marking in either direction and fits into tight spaces such as between dovetails.
- Ground flat back for using it as a chisel. Excellent for chiseling into the inside corners of half-blind dovetail pins.
- Nitro-V Stainless knife steel hardened to Rockwell 60. We've partnered with Peters' Heat Treating in Meadville, PA to provide the best quality hardening and cryogenic treatment.
- We machined and tested sample knives in several tool and knife steels including O1, A2, 1095, CPM-3V and have discovered that Nitro-V is the optimal formula for a marking knife.
- Nitro-V hardened to Rockwell 60 has the ideal mix of toughness, edge retention, edge stability (ability to take a fine edge and not have it break off or roll over), ease of sharpening and corrosion resistance.
- Includes marking knife and tip guard.
- The first batch is scheduled to be completed and shipped by the end of May, in time to present as a Father's Day gift.
Note: We are currently in production with a ship date of the end of May.